Category Manager IT Asia
The Category Manager (CM) IT Asia reports disciplinary and functionally to the Global Category Manager IT in Kitzingen. The Role will be located in the KNAUF IT offices in Kuala Lumpur.
- Develop, deploy and execute KNAUF’s Global Category Strategy for IT in close coordination with internal business partner from KNAUF Information Services
- Standardize and optimize the process of specifying the demands, execute the RFQ, evaluate and award the supplier or provider, including risk mitigation, business continuity and continuous process optimization
- Set commercial frame work for the relevant suppliers, collaborate with legal to finalize contractual agreements
- Foster stakeholder management to maximize Global Procurement’s value contribution as a global business partner and distinct advantage towards competition in the market
- Achieve “buy-in” from internal stakeholders for major procurement initiatives
- Identify, create methods, tools and processes for benchmarking and best practice sharing amongst divisions, regions, countries and sites
- Drive the process of centralization
- Local analysis of markets and identification of procurement networks, suppliers and service providers through-out market intelligence
- Local spend analysis to define purchasing and standardization projects across all KNAUF Divisions in the region
Required Capabilities and Skills
- Deep knowledge in sourcing and procurement methodologies and concepts, business partnering and category management for IT
- Strong negotiation skills and knowledge of the relevant markets and suppliers
- Strong strategic and analytical thinking
- Strong communication and interpersonal skill
- Proficient in MS Office, SAP and BI
- Fluent in English (spoken and written), additional languages are a plus
- Willing to travel
- University Degree in IT, economics, finance, procurement, or comparable professional education
- Minimum 5 years experience in IT MNC Procurement
- Experience in working in a matrix organization, ideally in different timezones
Knauf is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of modern insulation materials, drylining systems, plasters & accessories, thermal insulation composite systems, paints, floor screed, floor systems, construction equipment and tools. With more than 250 production facilities and sales organizations in over 86 countries, 35,000 employees worldwide, and sales of 10 billion Euro (in 2019), the Knauf Group is offering a range of career opportunities – in Europe, the USA, South America, Russia, Asia, and Africa
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Workplace & Culture
Knauf employees play a large part in the success of the company. Their performance, competence and motivation are based on the implementation of the Knauf values of entrepreneurial spirit, dedication, partnership and humanity in the course of their daily work. Individual performances make a contribution to our joint success as a team. This is the basis for further growth of the Knauf Group.
About Knauf Asia Pacific
Knauf’s venture into Asia began in the 1990s and has ever since expanded its operations to become a leading brand trusted by customers. The acquisition of USG Boral in 2021 only added to Knauf’s strength and capabilities to become the best supplier for customers.
Knauf’s aim is to be the market leader for safe, healthy, and comfortable design of living spaces. With the most experienced, talented, and diversified people operating over 30 production facilities across the region, we deliver the high-quality products required for the construction of sustainable, safe and comfortable buildings.
With an extensive distribution and sales network, our dedicated teams provide expertise backed by unparalleled quality service to provide the right solutions for your needs.
At Knauf, we are committed to deliver only the best to you – our customers and partners.
Category Manager IT Asia
Loading application form