The Communication Assistant Manager / Manager will be responsible for the Regional-level internal and external communication management for Knauf Gypsum Asia Pacific (APAC). As part of a high calibre APAC communication team, within the APAC Human Resources Function, collaborating with Group Communication and a network of local country communication experts, the Communication Assistant Manager / Manager will have exposure to cross country strategic initiatives with opportunities to participate in regional, high-impact projects, particularly in the people engagement / HR areas.
- Develop and drive effective employee communications strategies and programs, leveraging and expanding existing channels to drive awareness and shared ownership of the company’s mission, strategy, policies, and performance.
- Cultivate and develop the company’s values and culture through consistent, creative, multi-channel messaging and outreach campaigns.
- Participate or sometimes drive select employee engagement initiatives towards cultivating a conducive work environment for people to do their best work.
- Cross-functional collaboration with functional departments and with regional leadership to craft compelling messaging and thought leadership content.
- Copywrite content for internal and external platforms, proactively driving the development and relevance of content. This may involve reviewing and editing function-specific documents drafted by subject matter experts to ensure they are written appropriately for the targeted audience and comply with organization style guidelines.
- Ensure alignment with the company's strategic direction across communications channels to ensure consistent messaging and positive company image positioning.
- Collaborate with Group and local country communications teams to ensure coordinated, accurate, consistent, and effective content and messages.
- Provide governance or review on select communication activities in country to ensure alignment with Regional and Group messaging, intent or guidelines.
- Advise or coach internal project teams / stakeholders on approaches for effective employee communications.
- 4-6 years experience in corporate / change management communication or similar field of work. Consulting experience is a strong plus.
- Excellent written and editorial communication skills are critical and foundational to the role.
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills with ability to host or emcee events.
- Strong project / event management, organizational and multi-tasking ability.
- Demonstrated ability to interface with various levels and functions, and strong skills in gathering information from subject matter experts.
- Self-motivated and proven ability to work independently with a minimum of direction.
- Team player and collaborates well with other for shared goals.
- Learning agility to work in a fast-paced environment and to be deployed on needs-basis beyond core areas of responsibilities.
- Familiar with and embrace MNC working culture.
- Exposure in public relations, consulting experience.
- Multi-country exposure / experience.
- Proficiency in other Asia Pacific languages aside from English is a plus (Chinese, Bahasa, Korean, Thai, Vietnamese).
- Working knowledge of creative software programs for video and image editing.
Knauf – From Family Business to Corporate Family
Founded in 1932, Knauf is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of construction materials for interior design, building insulation, and design ceilings. Knauf plants across the globe produce state-of-the-art drywall systems, plasters, and insulating materials as well as external thermal insulation composite systems. Moreover, paints, flowing screeds and flooring-systems, as well as machines and tools for the application of these products round off our portfolio. The Knauf Group invests substantially each year in the development and modernisation of manufacturing plants, and the training and further education of its employees.
Serving Customers Worldwide
The Knauf Group continues to operate as a family business and is present in over 90 countries with over 80 raw materials processing plants and over 300 manufacturing plants on five continents. Knauf systems simplify planning and construction on a global scale, offering comprehensive solutions and quality assurance. In many countries, the name Knauf is synonymous with gypsum. The Group is managed by the general partners Alexander Knauf, Jörg Kampmeyer, and Dr Uwe Knotzer. In 2021, Knauf employed 40,000 employees worldwide and generated sales of 12.6 billion Euros.
Designing the Rooms of Tomorrow
Innovation and the integration of technological innovations are the cornerstones of our business strategy. With high quality products, Knauf continuously sets new standards to make the construction and modernisation of buildings better, more efficient, and more sustainable. Coordinated systems impress with their cost-effectiveness, high levels of fire resistance and sound insulation, as well as the highest energy efficiency, and a diverse range of design choices.
High Quality Solutions for all Aspects of Construction
Modern construction must meet complex requirements. Key energy performance management must synergise with ventilation and illumination as well as design. The increasing implementation of technology calls for integral planning processes and new forms of space creation. Accordingly, Knauf offers premium solutions in drywall construction. As a reliable partner, the Knauf Group supports customers with well-founded know-how, and exceptional service – from local housing construction to superlative architecture worldwide.